The Graduate School of Frontier Sciences will host the following workshop under the theme of creating an “International Academic Town”. The Kashiwa-no-ha Campus Town Initiative Committee: Subcommittee for Internationalization, of which the University of Tokyo is a member, is co-sponsoring the event along with Mitsui Fudosan, UDCK, and the University of Tokyo’s Kashiwa International Office. The event is also supported by the Kashiwa City Office.
All who live, study, or work in the area are invited to attend, as well as those who are interested in internationalizing the Kashiwa-no-ha area.
1. Date and Time
November 16, 2016 (Wednesday) from 6pm
KOIL (Lalaport North Building/Office Building 6th Floor)
3. Details (Subject to change)
Greeting from Professor Yoshito Oshima, Head of the International Liaison Office, the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
Part 1 – Introduction of Current Efforts
1) UDCK will introduce their efforts to internationalize the Kashiwa-no-ha Campus Area.
2) Mitsui Fudosan will introduce their efforts to promote regional development.
3) Kashiwa City Office will introduce public services available to International Residents.
Part 2 – Open Discussion
Hear from International Students of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences along with international business workers from KOIL speak about various themes including: What can be done to make the Kashiwa-no-ha area easier to live and work in? How can the area better support families? What do you like about Kashiwa-no-ha?
We encourage attendees to share their thoughts as well!
4. Attendance is free. Light refreshments will be served.
5. For more information please contact:
International Liaison Office
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences